Friday, March 20, 2009

Going to the Chapel...

MORNING OF MARCH 20, 2009

The first of two dreams (the second is posted after this)...

If context matters to you regarding this dream, I'm currently single and content, though fully open to otherwise should the right person come along.

I can't remember anything about how this happened--if it indeed was even part of the dream--but somehow I'd become hastily engaged to be married! I remember the girl had shortish blonde hair and was actually fairly beautiful, but not what would typically be my type (nor would I likely be hers). She seemed to be sort of the cheerleader/beauty queen/very high maintenance type.

Not only were we apparently quickly engaged, but the actual wedding date itself was fast approaching. There was some sort of conflict with the date we'd picked and my parents. I remember the four of us riding in my dad's car, my fiancee and I in the backseat, discussing the matter.

Apparently my parents were going to be out of town and needed someone at their house to dog-sit our elderly family dog, Einstein, while they were away. I obviously couldn't do this if I was on my honeymoon. So, since the bride-to-be and I were only just now planning this whole thing, why couldn't we just pick a more convenient date? (I know this is a ridiculous scenario to cause such a conflict, but it's a dream, after all.)

My fiancee was quite upset and dramatic about it. I was privately hoping we'd have to delay the wedding, because the more we talked about it the more it seemed wrong. Nonetheless, I came up with the compromise that we'd keep the wedding date, but we'd delay our honeymoon one week so Einstein could be taken care of. The girl was actually fine with this--getting married on said date was apparently her main concern.

My next memory is that the girl and I were actually already married. It was over and done with. And I was terrified. What had I done? I began to realize that I didn't really know the girl at all. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember how we met, or anything fun we'd done together--it's like we had literally no history as a couple (gee, I wonder why)! How could I have married a girl I didn't even know? But now it was too late! I was trapped!!

I worried myself quite awake with this. The last quarter moon was beautiful outside my window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that you didn't have a history together...that's a funny detail

and that your parents were going on vacation- the day of your wedding

Andrew said...

Yeah I had to share this with my parents...they found if quite funny that they were more concerned with their vacation/Einstein than my wedding.