Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bright Yellow with Pizza

MORNING OF OCTOBER 7, 2009

This is the second bit of dreams I remember from this night/morning. The first is found in the previous post.

It was early evening and I walked into a church building. It looked similar to the one I attended as a kid, though it was mostly just fictional. I walked into the sanctuary prior to the service beginning and a few people, most of them seeming to be elderly, were already seated.

I sat down in a pew to myself, but after a few moments of silent waiting I got antsy and decided to get up and leave. As I was walking out of the room, I heard one of the old ladies saying to her friend--obviously being deliberately loud enough for me to hear--something to the effect of, "Well, I'm not surprised! He never comes to church anymore!"

I walked down some stairs into the basement area of the church, which was furnished with a food court and several stores--essentially a mall of sorts. I passed a pizza place which may have specifically been a Domino's. One of the employees got my attention, saying he knew that I loved pizza, so why didn't I stop to order anything?

I tried to explain that I wasn't hungry and didn't intend to eat right now, but then another employee stepped up to the counter and told me that they'd give me a special deal. I could have any kind of pizza I wanted, with any kind of toppings, etc., for only five dollars. I promptly ordered a pizza.

While I waited for my pizza to be prepared, I went into one of the nearby stores to kill some time. The first store I went into was a clothing store. While there, for some reason I tried on a bright yellow sweater and a bright yellow hoodie, wearing them at the same time. I walked out of the store (apparently without actually purchasing the brightly hued items I was currently wearing).

Now some of my friends were standing outside the store and they asked me what in the world I was doing in those clothes.

No comments: