Friday, November 27, 2009

Tombstones and Flamingos

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 27, 2009

I was in a car with Richard and we drove through an old, historic cemetery. We got out of the car and walked around a bit. It was an eerily beautiful place. Scores of ornate, timeworn tombstones and statues as far as you could see. As an added touch of ambiance, it happened to be a foggy day. I commented to Richard that I wished I had my camera, as this place would doubtless provide some great pictures. He chided me for being "too morbid".

Next I remember visiting an old country church. It was very small and quaint. They had set up a projector in the sanctuary and showed a movie. It was a computer animated movie that was supposedly based on a Japanese young adult novel I read earlier this year, Brave Story (what I was seeing in the dream actually had nothing to do with the book). I remember one of the main characters in the movie was a pink flamingo.

After the movie I went through the front foyer in order to exit the church, and was surprised that they were handing out calendars featuring pin-up art from the 40's and 50's. I recognized some Elvgrens among the selection.

Then I saw a girl I supposedly knew, though she was actually fictional. The two of us decided to go to a nearby place where they were filming a scene from the movie we'd just watched (the fact that the movie was animated and had apparently already been produced never factored into the equation here).

There was an old wooden boardwalk extending from the church into some darkened woods. This is the path we took to find our location. At one point the boardwalk stretched over a body of water, and it was here that we came upon a little shack built on a pier. It looked like a cafeteria and they were serving tacos and hot dogs.

My last memory is there was a young girl, maybe nine or ten years of age, and several people, myself included, were simultaneously spraying her with silly string.

No comments: