Sunday, November 8, 2009

School, Sculptures and Cereal

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 7, 2009

This is the first of two different dreams this night. The second can be found in the next post.

I remember the first part of the dream involved me some of my friends and I (I specifically remember Eric and Brandon) being back in school. It was high school, though it was like we were repeating high school in modern times as opposed to attending for the first time. I have some vague recollection of a math class and a science class being part of our schedule.

Though I can't recall any specifics, I know that we skipped most of our classes and spent most of our time goofing off. When they released report cards, I was afraid to look at mine because that was the first time I stopped to realize just how much class I'd skipped. I knew I had to have failed, and was worried that I would have to "repeat the ninth grade" while everyone else went on to tenth! (And no, I never had to actually repeat classes in my actual school history).

My next memory, possibly from an entirely different dream, is that Eric and Brandon and I joined Courtney and Melissa and possibly some other friends for dinner at a restaurant. They were having some kind of trivia night, and I won one of the rounds. My prize was a very lame sculpture twisted out of fuzzy pipe cleaners. It looked like nothing at all, but the person running the trivia claimed it was a sculpture of a fetus!!

Back at the table, my friends and I got a lot of laughs about my "fetus sculpture". I also remember that the paper place mats on our table had kids' activities on the reverse side. Some of them had silly quizzes that we were all taking. It was sort of like the ridiculous time-wasting quizzes you can take on Facebook, only somehow they were in print form here.

The night/morning I had these dreams I was spending the night at my parents' house, and I actually dreamed that it was morning and I was waking up at my parents' house. I don't own a robe, but for some reason I put on a robe before I went downstairs.

There was a variety pack of cereal in the kitchen, and I chose a box of Apple Jacks that included real fruit bits, such as raisins and dates. For some reason that sounded so good to me that I couldn't wait to try it. As I was sitting down with my cereal, Brandon came into the room and it's the first time I was aware that he'd apparently spent the night here too.

No comments: