Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Earth in the Sky

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 25, 2009

I had just arrived home from somewhere, though I lived in a fictional apartment complex. It was late afternoon, just heading into evening. Standing in the parking lot, I could see the dim outline of the moon already showing in the pale blue sky. Then I noticed that, a little beyond the moon, you could also see the earth in the sky!

I could not fathom how you could see the earth from the earth! It was a freaky sight, if not quite as reality-altering and mind-blowing as such a sight would really be. I immediately dug my camera out of my car to take pictures. About this same time, a neighbor, who happened to be Ellen DeGeneres, approached me, and I pointed the earth out to her.

We stood and discussed the oddity of it as I took pictures. She swore she'd seen such phenomena before. Even as I was snapping photos, the earth seemed to grow larger. While it had started out about equal with the moon in appearance, it was now several times larger in the sky. You could see all of the details of it, just like in the real life pictures from space. It was incredibly surreal.

There was one other part of a dream where I knew I was supposed to meet some friends for dinner, and I was trying to decide which T-shirt to put on. I hit a large stash of tees in my closet that I had "forgotten" that I had (but that were, of course, fictional). There was an Optimus Prime shirt from the 80's Transformers cartoon. There were several Batman-related shirts, including two different purple ones with the Joker on them. I selected a red T-shirt with a 60's-style Batman and Robin on it, and can't really remember exactly what happened next.

No comments: