Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Time Change Merchandise and the Fitness Chick

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 11, 2009

I was in some type of gas station convenience store browsing around. There was a man, apparently a trucker, off to one side looking at a display of novelty lapel pins. I overheard him proudly exclaiming to the clerk that he'd just found a pin that said something about "the time change" on it (I assume in reference to Daylight Savings Time). He went on to explain that when his wife found out he would be "passing through one of the states that had the time change" she wanted a souvenir to commemorate such. He assumed this pin was just the item.

My next clear memory is being in yet another store of a similar sort. I overheard another gentleman asking the clerk if they had any souvenirs pertinent to "the time change". They went looking through random items, but weren't having much luck. I even joined them looking through some novelty lapel pins for a bit. I saw one pin that looked like a little root beer mug, and for some reason I thought the guy would like it, but he only wanted "time change" stuff.

Finally, I told the man there was another store a few blocks away in which a guy had found just such a pin "earlier this morning", and so he went on his way to find that store. The manager of the store we were currently in, a portly middle aged fellow with a graying beard, went on to ramble to me about how difficult that "time change" merchandise was to keep.

Next I remember being at my grandmother's along with a few other family members, sort of like a holiday get-together or something. I was in the living room and I suddenly heard a song coming from the TV in the other room. The song was vaguely familiar, but, maddeningly, I couldn't place it. Suddenly my cousin, Stephen, came into the room and asked me if I could name the song emanating from TV. I explained to him how I was having trouble bringing it to mind.

So we walked into the room where the TV was and I saw there was an old Looney Tunes cartoon in which Bugs Bunny was singing a song. I think it was supposed to be the Chuck Jones classic, "What's Opera, Doc?", though it was very distorted in the dream. So that's where I "knew" the song from.

Then I remember talking to a very attractive blonde girl. She was very tan and very fit, like some sort of athelete. We were really hitting it off, which is odd, because, while pretty, she wasn't what would typically be my "type", and I'm certain I wouldn't typically be hers.

We ened up going upstairs to what looked like the bedroom from my teenage years. She plopped down on my bed, claiming to be exhausted. I lay down beside her. She soon nuzzled up next to me, her eyes closed, murmuring something about how nice it felt to just be there. I agreed, it was nice indeed! I can honestly say I wasn't even really concerned with the obvious potential progression one would assume was likely from this point--I just relished the feel of having someone lying next to me again.

I closed my eyes for a moment and suddenly could feel that she was gone. I don't meant that I felt her extract herself from my arms and leave, but her mass just suddenly ceased to be there. I opened my eyes and was unable to find her anywhere in the room.

I went downstairs, which now looked like one of the stores from earlier in the dream. I asked someone if they'd seen the girl, and they told me she'd decided to take a job in California as a fitness instructor where one of her girlfriends worked. To confirm their point, they showed me a line of fitness-related merchandise in the store which featured the girl and her friend posing on the box.

No comments: