Monday, February 21, 2011

Late For Work With Company

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 21, 2011

For some reason Richard needed to stay with me overnight. It was a last minute, emergency situation and he'd come to me for help. My apartment was laid out similar to the upstairs portion of the house I grew up in as a teenager. For some reason Eric was with us when we got there, and he was staying, too. They each slept in the guest bedroom, while I slept in my own bed.

My next memory is that my alarm was going off (it wasn't really) and I realized I had overslept and was already over an hour late for work. This was especially bad, because we'd had something specific scheduled for 9:00 that morning, and it was after that time. Naturally, I freaked out and ran into the bathroom to shower and get ready.

There was a slight mess in the bathroom from where Eric and Richard had each already gotten ready and left for the morning. But Richard's dog, Bella (a poodle-dachshund mix) was in the bathroom. I began running the shower while I did something else, and for some reason it filled the bathtub up. I didn't realize it had done this until Bella leaped in and began swimming laps! It was amusing, but frustrating because she was making a watery mess!

Then she made a literal mess when she used the bathroom in the water as she swam. Ew.

No comments: