Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meeting the Super-Shy Girl

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 20, 2011

In real life I'm recently back into the increasingly depressing dating market. In my dream a lady I work with informed me there was someone she thought I should meet. We were in a nearly empty classroom, excepting a small handful of people.

We all sat in a semi-circle on the floor, and the girl the lady wanted me to meet sat in front of us. She was fairly plain in appearance, of average height and only slightly-more-than-average size, with blonde hair and freckle-heavy skin. She was also very shy.

As she sat before us, she spoke meekly about her life story. She apparently had been through some real hardships, only I can't remember what they all were anymore. After this session, we all left the classroom. I spoke to the girl in the hallway outside and we made plans to meet for dinner later that evening, at the mall.

My next memory is driving up to the mall at night. I knew the girl was going to be another hour or so in getting there, for some reason. It started raining about the time I got to the mall, and somehow I ended up running around the parking lot in the driving rain, looking for my car, even though I'd just arrived.

I was going to be drenched for my date, but I have no memory of it happening anyway! My next memory was sitting on pews in what seemed to be a church. A couple of friends were beside me, and that blonde girl was directly in front of me. We were talking amongst ourselves about what we were going to wear to some event or another.

I said that I had thought about going as a Ghostbuster, and the girl seemed to think that was funny.

No comments: