Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pitch Black Peacocks

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 5, 2011

It was early evening and I was walking through the parking lot of a small strip mall/shopping center to go into a grocery store. As I approached the entrance, a small flock of four or five peacocks crossed the sidewalk and got in my way. The truly odd thing is that all of the peacocks were jet black (none of them had their tails unfurled, so I couldn't see if the patterns there were equally dark).

I shuffled around and finally broke my way through the obstinate bird barricade to enter the store. After this I only vaguely remember walking around in the store looking for stuff.

This dream, mainly the part about the peacocks, is fairly symbolic of recent real-life events for me (not that I'm going into that here).

There was some other dream in which I was browsing a bookstore. I saw a book that was supposedly written by Woody and Jessie, the dolls from the Toy Story movies. Even in the dream world, the book was tongue-in-cheek humor and was not literally meant to have been written by the actual characters, but it was supposedly their take on what it was like to star in those movies.

The cover was just solid white except for the title and a picture of Woody and Jessie. The odd thing was that Jessie was wearing a skirt instead of jeans/chaps, and she had really nice, realistic-looking legs! They looked more like something from an Elvgren pin-up than something that belonged on a rag-doll type character.

No comments: