Thursday, February 3, 2011

Circus Fun

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 3, 2011

I remember being at a circus with some friends, including an ex. The facility we were in (tent, or whatever it was) seemed to be a pretty small setting for a circus. I can't recall what exactly was going on in the ring, but I believe it was some sort of magic act. A man in a purple sequined tuxedo and top hat revealed a young woman in similar (but skimpier) attire. She was presumably the traditional "lovely assistant" to the magician, and for whatever reason she was, at this time, bound and gagged. Presumably for the next trick?

It seems Lady Gaga also made an appearance at this circus at some point, though my memory of that is extremely vague.

My next clear memory is that there was some sort of dinner or reception after the circus. We all filed into a tent and seated ourselves at long tables. I remember one table was just for the clowns, and it was a little creepy to see them all gathered there together, laughing and talking. I remember I was wearing a souvenir T-shirt I had gotten at the show.

My final memory is that somehow my family found out that "Weird Al" Yankovic, when he was a child, had gone to the same church my mom's family went to back then (he's actually a few years younger than my parents, though). My mom showed me a picture album with a black and white photos of his family in one of the pews. You could see my mom's family in the background.

No comments: