Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Killer and the Nekkid Mermaid

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 20, 2011

In real life I share my art in a gallery on the deviantART online artist community. In my dream, one of the people who "follows" my art on that site began threatening me. He'd seen that I was a fan of some particular character or movie or show (I can't recall the details) and contacted me to inform me that he tracked down and killed people who liked that property, because he couldn't stand it.

I did a little research online and discovered that he really was responsible for killing people because of this. He'd told me I had to get rid of anything I had pertaining to this subject, and I started to do so. I was frantically destroying collectibles and things (I really wish I could remember what it was specifically). Then I began wondering why I wasn't just contacting the police?

In another dream, my friends' daughter, Cailey was showing me some new toys she had. One of them was a huge toy castle or something that had a mural of Disney characters drawn on the inside of it. The mural featured all of the classic characters, from Mickey & friends to the princesses, etc. One striking thing, though, was the character of Ariel. She appeared in human form, lying on her stomach, completely nude with her bottom prominently exposed. I was shocked that Disney would allow such a depiction of the character, especially on a children's toy!

In yet another dream I found some old "Bill & Ted" comics drawn by artist Evan Dorkin (I really had most of these in the 90s). One of the dream-comics I found had a Q&A with Dorkin in which he mentioned he'd been told there would definitely be a third "Bill & Ted" movie. Obviously that never happened back then (though I suppose they're saying it is going to happen now).

No comments: