Friday, September 2, 2011

The Wrong Composer and the Missing Table

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 2, 2011

Film score composer Michael Giacchino (perhaps most noted for several Pixar scores and the LOST series) was a new employee where I worked. We spoke a few times, but I didn't know him well. I thought it was really strange to be working with a famous composer.

Then one day I saw him make a post on Twitter about being in the studio scoring a certain movie. I thought, "no he isn't, he's at work
here today"! That's when I figured out it was two completely different guys. The Michael Giacchino at my workplace just looked the same and had the exact same name!

There was also another dream that Eric came to visit my apartment early in the morning. So early, in fact, that his arrival woke me up. After I opened the door to let him in, I immediately noticed that the kitchen and chairs from my kitchen were gone! Of course I promptly blamed Eric, assuming this was some sort of prank. He'd moved them during the night and that's why he was here so early now--to get my reaction.

Eric swore that he had nothing to do with the disappearance of the table and chairs to the point that I eventually believed him. But then I was perplexed as to how they came up missing. Who would break into my place while I slept and only steal my old table and chairs? What sense did it make if it was an elaborate prank by anyone?

Somehow I eventually found out that my grandmother was the culprit! I asked her about it and she vehemently denied her guilt, but somehow I had learned for a fact that she had sold them to someone. (I have no idea why this would be the case, even in a dream!)

No comments: