Sunday, September 11, 2011

Roger vs. the Terrorists

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2011

First I remember watching a portion of some sort of documentary about the making of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit movie. It was specifically addressing the Roger Rabbit cartoon shorts that Disney briefly tried putting in theaters following the success of the movie. Apparently one of the ones that was in production but never finished was something like "Roger vs. the Terrorists". The documentary discussed how wildly inappropriate that seems now.

The documentary showed b-roll footage inside a real life warehouse where many crates and boxes full of who-knows-what were stored. As the camera moved along, it followed a huge stack of animated boxes that someone was trying to carry into the warehouse. You could only see the top part of the animated stack of boxes where it rose above the tops of the stacks of real boxes. You could hear cartoony voices arguing about where to set this stack. The animation was not blended into the real scene as expertly as in the actual Roger Rabbit movie, but was obviously just pieced together for the documentary.

There was another dream in which Eric and I were driving around late at night down a fairly deserted, rural road. Then we saw an old, beat up van drive by. It was purple and had Marvel comic's Wolverine character painted on the side. We were commenting on how odd that was when suddenly we nearly ran over a guy in a Wolverine costume, just standing by the side of the road. He never really reacted, just sort of stood there staring at us as we drove by. It was kind of eerie the way he was hanging around alone in the dark wearing that costume.

We decided we had to drive back by and try to snap a picture of the costumed guy. Before we could, however, we had to stop and do something else, I can't remember what. I just know we ended up in what looked like a hotel room, and Eric was in the bathroom. I was in another room changing into a different pair of clothes. As I put on my socks I noticed that my feet and toes looked oddly bloated and swollen. I didn't really have much reaction to this, as I just went on about my business.

I guess we thought the costumed Wolverine guy would just be standing on that road all night long, waiting for us.

No comments: