Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Swearing, The Passport, and Hermione?

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 10, 2011

The title refers to a variety of short dream memories as opposed to one epic story.

First I remember going to my parents' to meet them and a lady who is our close family friend. The family friend was telling a story about something that had happened to her lately. One of the people in the story had a foul mouth,and she kept quoting what they'd said to her, curse words and all. In real life this lady would never utter a curse word, not even if she were quoting someone, so it gave me quite a shock to hear her saying all these words!

Also around this time I noticed that I really had to go to the bathroom, but for some reason I went ahead and got in the car with my parents as we headed somewhere. The whole ride all I could think of is how badly I needed to go, and I doubted I could make it. That's when I woke up,and you can guess what happened.

After this I went back to sleep. I remember a dream that I was somewhere, perhaps some kind of amusement park, with Richard and Jessica and Cailey. Before you were allowed access, you had to have a "passport" made (not a literal passport, but a kind of thing they made for you to use for access just at this place). Richard and Jessica already had theirs but I needed to have one made.

There was a pretty brunette girl dressed something like a stewardess who took my information and directed me where to stand to have my photo taken for the "passport". At some point during my interaction with the girl, I noticed she was no longer wearing her uniform but a slinky little cocktail dress. I didn't know how to address this, but she looked very nice. For some reason, Richard was off to the corner taking occasional snapshots of my registration process and laughing about it.

There was another dream in which I basically relived the surprise 60th birthday part we recently threw for my dad, only in a slightly different, dream-like form.

And finally, I was dreaming something which featured Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger as they appeared in the movies, or it might have been meant to be the actors who portrayed them. It had something to do with us walking down a nature trail not unlike one I frequently do walk on. By the end of the dream it basically just featured Hermione/Emma Watson and me, but I can't really recall the details before I woke up.

No comments: