Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Destruction of the Cobb

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 18, 2012

I was with Ashley and Eric at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta, where I have seen a handful of shows over the years. In the dream, They Might Be Giants were performing there (I've never seen them at that venue, but did just recently see them again in Atlanta).

During the show, I excused myself to go to the restroom. When I got back there I saw the area was covered in firemen and emergency personnel. It looked like there'd been a fire, but I someone managed to go to the bathroom anyway. When I came back out, Eric was there and we discussed the apparent fire.

At this point we heard and felt several loud explosions that seemed to come from the area of the main concert hall. One of the firemen explained to us that the previous fire had weakened the structure, and now the entire place was caving in. My last memory of the dream is everyone evacuating the building in a panic. (Eric and I rejoined with Ashley at this point, so she was OK). Even as this was going on, I felt sad that the venue was destroyed. I think we heard that there were no casualties, though, "thanks to the fact that the firemen were already here".

In real life, the exterior of the Cobb Centre was used as the exterior of the CDC in the first season of the Walking Dead TV series. In that show, the place was blown up. One would assume some memory of that played into the events of this dream.

No comments: