Friday, February 10, 2012

My Pet Snake

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 10, 2012

I was in a pet store and one of the employees had talked me into buying a snake for some reason. He handed me a slender, bright green snake that was maybe about a foot long. The snake was much more powerful than it should have been at that size. It was all I could do to keep hold of it as it writhed in my hands. It's jaws began chomping non-stop as it lashed out at everything.

Even I wanted a pet snake, I didn't think I wanted one this strong and ornery. The pet store employee led me back to a room filled with containers of dead mice. He said, "Now, I hope you don't mind keeping dead mice in your fridge..." And this was when I told him I couldn't have a pet snake.

I left the pet shop and exited into what I guess would have logically been a mall, but it looked more like an airport. There was a little more "story" in the dream in which I interacted with people, though it's all vague. The final part of the dream was when it was suddenly revealed that someone in the mall/airport/whatever was a "traitor". Things then became like an action movie as covert good-guys came out of hiding to attack the traitor. A chase pursued...and then it was as if I was watching this as a movie rather than actually being there.

No comments: