Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't Sleep and Drive

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 11, 2012

(This dream took place after a day of much driving, so it's not surprusing.) I was driving on the Interstate en route to Birmingham. It was late, and I was really, really tired. I was fighting sleep and having a difficult time winning. Eventually, I decided to rest my head against the driver's side window.

The next thing I knew, I was waking up (within the dream)! I'd been fast asleep! Somehow I had not wrecked the car--in fact, I was still driving it! I was no longer on the Interstate, but was in downtown Birmingham. I wasn't familiar with the exact area I was in, though, and that only added to the sense of disorientation I felt.

My last memory is that I drove past some kind of farmer's market in a parking lot of one of the businesses in this part of town. Most of the patrons were African American.

No comments: