Wednesday, February 29, 2012

That Strange Comic Book...

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 29, 2012

I was reading some sort of indie comic book someone had given me--I think it may have even come from some sort of fast food restaurant? The characters reminded me of Spongebob Squarepants characters (which is a property I know very little about), but the material was so subversive and strange. There was a joke about one character threatening to hang themselves (this was all in a very cartoony, "Looney Tunes" sort of style). When another character attempted to intervene to save the other, they both ended up swinging in the noose. I don't get it now, but this was so funny in the dream!

I remember another dream in which I was in a room full of puppets. A lady was explaining to me that she sold them on ebay, mostly to churches. A lot of them were very generic, but a few did look especially cool and unique. I wished I could have one, but they were all pretty pricey. Instead, I ended up asking the woman if she knew anything about that weird comic I'd read earlier.

Finally, I remember I was driving through the neighborhood I used to live in as a child in Kentucky (not where I'm from, but where I lived then). There was a tremendous sense of nostalgia as I passed various houses where friends and I had played so many times. I eventually ended up at the house where I'd lived, and my parents still lived there!

My parents went from there to a fancy restaurant and ate a fantastic meal, complete with dessert (I remember I loved it, but I can't remember what it was). After eating, we returned to the old neighborhood. I took a late night walk and realized I was craving milkshake. My last memory is of actually drinking a delicious milkshake...

No comments: