Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Couple in the Diner

MORNING OF MARCH 6, 2012

I was sitting in a diner of some sort, talking to an older man and woman who presumably ran the place. I was supposed to be filming footage of the couple and their restaurant as an assignment for work.

I was explaining to the couple that I didn't need to actually interview them for the segment, but I did need to get some random shots of them sitting in the diner. The man asked, sincerely, "Would it help if I was doing something like this?" Then he proceeded to stand on his head, just briefly. I told him that was great, and asked if he could do it again while I had the camera on.

For some reason, once I started trying to film the man, we were interrupted by someone in a mediocre Spider-Man costume. He began doing all kinds of acrobatics and performing for the camera. I was a little annoyed that they wouldn't just let me film the senior couple like I was supposed to, but I kept shooting anyway.

From this point I vaguely recall more things happening in the diner. The place seemed larger, more like a big chain restaurant at this point, but I'm unclear on the specifics of what was going on.

No comments: