Wednesday, March 21, 2012

He Listens to Jazz

MORNING OF MARCH 20, 2012

Real life background: I'm currently taking a level two improv comedy class, which is a follow-up to the first course I took a couple of years ago. Our final class session will be an actual performance for whatever friends we choose to invite, which was the case the first time as well.

In my dream, it was the night of the final, only instead of taking place in our classroom, it was taking place at the Alabama Theatre (an historic old theatre in downtown Birmingham). I only vaguely remember the process and the nerves of performing in the amateur improv show.

My clearest memory of the dream comes after the show was over. My fellow classmates, our instructors and I were standing backstage talking. My friends who had come to see the show on my behalf were also nearby. As everyone was chatting amongst themselves, I distinctly heard a woman's voice say, "Wait til they find out he listens to jazz!"

The voice was so real, so nearly audible, that it woke me up. I have no idea to whom or to what the phrase referred.

No comments: