Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back to the...Past?

MORNING OF APRIL 5, 2009

B. and C. and I were in some kind of gift shop. There was a really nice, hardcover coffee table book all about the Beatles. It cost a little over $100. In the dream, I decided to purchase it. Now, the Beatles are great, but I'd never shell out that kind of money for a book about them, so I don't know what I was thinking!

There were also Beatles birthday cakes, and the three of us bought one of those to share, just because they looked good.

Then I remember being back at someone's fictional apartment. Suddenly, Doc from Back to the Future was there, and from this point on it was like being in a movie, and I was the part of Marty. We had to get me back to the past--to 1985. There was a train we had to catch to take us to the DeLorean, which was apparently parked some few miles west of our current location.

We could see the train already running down the tracks in the distance, and Doc and I began to run for it. Suddenly I remembered I'd left my Beatles book and my portion of the cake behind. I informed Doc of this realization, and he simply said, "Not important! You can get those things later!" I replied, "Yeah, over 20 years later!"

We finally caught up to the train and jumped into an open box car. Once we caught our breath, Doc looked at his compass and let out a little shriek. He said this train was heading east, and we needed to be going west! It was actually taking us further from the DeLorean, and our window of opportunity was running out!

I woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wha?

Andrew said...

Precisely how I felt upon waking.