Sunday, April 19, 2009

Making An Ornament

MORNING OF APRIL 19, 2009

I remember being at the fictional apartment of a fictional girl. Several other people, both real friends and fictional persons, were there as well. We were all just hanging out, and I was talking to the girl at her kitchen table.

The girl was sad about something, and I was trying to talk her through it. As we talked, we were building this tiny wooden birdhouse-looking thing--a decorative ornament of some sort.

It was made out of very thin, cheap wood, and we were placing little green tree-shaped things on it, along with glitter and such crafty items. It looked very Christmassy, though it wasn't supposed to be Christmas in the dream.

One of the other friends came up to say something to me and after a moment I told him to check out the ornament we were making. When I turned to get it, I couldn't find it. I asked the girl where it was, and she said she'd thrown it away while I talked to this guy, because she didn't think she did a good job on it.

I wasn't terribly upset that she'd thrown it away, but felt sad that she'd felt the need to. The last thing I remember is retrieving it from the trashcan, but it was already pretty damaged. It had been a flimsy thing to start with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw.

even in a dream- one cannot escape criticism?

weak