Sunday, April 26, 2009

Band of Animals

MORNING OF APRIL 26, 2009

Dream One of Two (the other is posted above):

First I remember something about a comic book I was putting together. Instead of simply sitting and writing and drawing it in the mundane real-life way, I would simply see the ideas animated like a cartoon as I was thinking them.

The characters I was creating were all anthropomorphic animals--some, I think, were ones that are really in my queue of existing characters, and others were new to the dream. My most specific memory is coming up with the idea for a band that some of the animals played in. It was reminiscent of an all-girl (and all human) band that was a regular in the comics I used to do a few years ago...but this had girl and boy animals in it. I most clearly recall created a big bear dude with long hair who was the lead singer/guitarist, and watching him jam. He seemed like such a cool character, but then I woke up (and actually felt kinda inspired...)

No comments: