Friday, April 3, 2009

Lethal LARPers

MORNING OF APRIL 3, 2009

This one's kind of dark...but too silly to be as dark as it could be.

I was riding in the backseat of the car with Richard, Jessica and Cailey. We were taking some trail through a dense forest. As we neared the end of the trail where the forest ended and the main road resumed, we saw a large group of people dressed in costumes (some medieval/fantasy and some with an ancient Greek/Roman flavor).

It turns out these people were Live Action Role Players, and they were in the middle of one of their battles. We tried to pass through them.

Now it changed to where, instead of Richard and his family, I was with Richard and three or four other male friends, all fictional characters. The LARPers began attacking us as we attempted to pass, but they were really attacking us, not just acting it out. Somehow Richard and I got through the gauntlet out to the main road and they quit attacking us, but the fictional character guys from our group couldn't pull through. And the LARPers, after several minutes of brutal beating, ultimately killed them.

After this I remember being in school. There was a lot of talk on campus about the brutal murders committed by the LARPers. The kids who'd done the murdering had not been arrested and were still attending school. They were mostly ostracized now (of course, as LARPers they might have been used to that), but some people defended them, saying they had only killed as part of battle.

It turns out the name of the LARP group was SALON (no idea why), and a lot of people were making fun of this.

Then later I remember being in a grocery store at night, and some of the LARPers were there, and I tried to avoid them. I left the store and returned to some kind of large house where I was spending the night with many other people. My room was upstairs right next to the room of the LARPers. I think some of them wanted to apologize to me, but I didn't want to talk to them.

I finally went up to the room I'd be sleeping in, and there was only a couch with a pull-out bed. Upon pulling the bed out I found there were no sheets on it at all, and no available pillows, etc. Someone told me that was becuase the LARPers had taken them away since I didn't talk to them and hear their apology.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with a name like "larpers"
what do you expect?

I like the part in the grocery store