Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Amazing Tree Balloon

MORNING OF APRIL 26, 2009

Dream Two of Two (the other is posted below this one).

Later I had some kind of dream that involved getting ready for a trip. I spent the night before the trip at my parents' house before this, and I remember I slept in a mosquito-net tent inside their guest bedroom! Then I couldn't find my camera when I finished packing in the morning and left without it.

I arrived at my destination to join a small group of other people. Some big, crazy-looking man who looked like a professional wrestler was going to be the leader of the group. He gave a rambling, over-excited speech to introduce himself to us, then jumped on a some weird kind of little ATV vehicle and just began traversing the property in a crazy and erratic manner. I was so disappointed that I didn't have my camera!

Finally, I remember somehow being back at my parent's house, only it was actually fictional property. I was in the backyard, and suddenly I saw a hot air balloon floating overhead--but it was made of a tree trunk and tree parts! It was so surreal! The trunk of the tree was hollowed out to hold people, and the branches (still with green leaves) were all arranged and formed into a large circular canopy over the trunk, mimicking a giant balloon shape. The open area in the middle of the configuration of branches was filled with colorful helium balloons! This was actually the coolest imagery I can remember from any of my dreams in some time.

Again, I wanted my camera. I ran into the house to get it, and as I came back out the tree-balloon was gently landing in the yard next door. I tried to take some pictures with the passengers' permission, but the device just didn't look as cool now that it was no longer flying through the air (but I snapped a few pictures as they released the balloons from the enclosure into the atmosphere at the end of the flight).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds magical