Monday, April 13, 2009

The Ghost Museum

MORNING OF APRIL 11, 2009

The night preceding this dream was the going away party for my friend C., held at my apartment. In my dream, everyone was still here, just hanging out and talking. M's boyfriend began to tell us about the "Ghost Museum" located in the nearby town of Gadsden.

Using the wonderful power of dreams, no sooner was I informed of it than I was actually there. I purchased my ticket for the Ghost Museum and entered what was basically a very long and narrow hallway. The only light in the darkened corridor was a bluish glow coming from the walls.

As I walked along the way, random, translucent ghost people floated across my path, passing through a wall on one side and quickly disappearing through the one opposite. I'm not certain if this was all supposed to be real, or to be some sort of attraction, like the Haunted Mansion at Disney World.

One of these ghosts was of a big, fat guy with a bald head and a long goatee to go along with his many tattoos. Instead of passing right through, he stopped and began hanging around me. I don't think he was trying to torment me in a ghostly, haunting way, but I found his personality of be grating, and he just wouldn't leave me alone.

Then I remember being back at the party and telling everyone that I didn't much care for the Ghost Museum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the ghost museum sounds kind of lame.

like the Coney Island of today; as opposed to the one of the 1930's

maybe the bald-headed guy was a staff member?

Andrew said...

Though I've never had the pleasure of visiting the Coney Island of either era, I can definitely vouch that the Ghost Museum was pretty lame.