Friday, December 25, 2009

The Empty Locker

MORNING OF DECEMBER 25, 2009

I was in school again, and it looked more or less like high school. I was in the hall talking to friends or something (I don't have really clear memories of the first portion of the dream), and then it the bell rang and I had to rush to get to class on time.

When I arrived in the classroom, just in the nick of time, I realized I hadn't brought any books with me. The teacher wasn't in the room yet, so I thought maybe I still had time. I ran down the hall to my locker, only to find it empty of any books whatsoever! The only items populating the locker were a pencil case, and old notebook of some kind, and a fake plastic cell phone filled with candy (it looked like an iPhone).

Beside the lockers, there was a convenient stash of "extra" text books of all kinds. I grabbed an extra English book, the one I needed, and ran back to the class, which had by now already begun session.

The teacher, who looked like one of my high school math teachers, reprimanded me for being late and for not having my own book on hand. Somewhere around this point I begin to lose memory.


No comments: