Monday, December 28, 2009

The Bonfire in the Living Room

MORNING OF DECEMBER 28, 2009

For some reason my boss at work told me to order some movie series so we could take footage from it and use for something (legal issues never came to mind in the dream). The movie series in question was fictional, but was supposed to be one of those corny slasher movie franchises.

I remember receiving the movies in the mail. There were about five slipcases, each filled with several of the movies. Upon closer inspection, I realized that each slipcase actually contained books, not DVDs (apparently the books the movies had been based on)!

For some reason all of this was taking place inside some random house, late at night. There were hardly any lights on in the place, so it was dark, but there was a bonfire in the middle of the living room.

For some reason someone gave me a plush Joker doll. It was based on the version of the Joker from the 90's "Batman" animated series. The doll was about two feet tall and recited several phrases in the Joker's voice. After hearing one particular phrase, I yelled at it like Batman, punched it, and threw it into the bonfire in the living room.

I watched it burn up, wondering why I had done that. Then I began to visually examine other items on the bonfire, which I could see in great detail, but can't remember all of them now.

I noticed a small child, just a toddler, was sleeping near the fire and was alarmed.

No comments: