Tuesday, December 8, 2009

That Other World with the Photo Albums

MORNING OF DECEMBER 8, 2009

This is the second of two dreams from this morning. The first is contained in a separate post...

Within my dream, I had a dream or a vision of standing in a darkened forest. Suddenly, in the night sky, I saw a hail of meteors (or some type of flaming, heavenly projectile) falling towards the earth. The began striking the ground and the trees all around me. I ran through the resulting fire and debris, narrowly missing being struck and every turn.

Then suddenly I was in what looked like the living room at my grandmother's house. Among several people gathered there were my friends Courtney and Brandon. They were showing me some art books they'd recently obtained. Some of them had production art from various anime. One of them had production art from some sort of Tim Burton movie.

My mom was also among the people gathered here. She began telling me about a dream or vision she remembered having years ago. As she told about it, I could see it depicted clearly, like a movie...

She said she'd been standing on a big empty road where many vehicles, from cars to eighteen wheelers, were parked at a standstill. Suddenly the earth began to shake and the various automobiles began to flip wildly in the air, spinning and turning before crashing back down to earth. It was a terrifying scene as I witnessed it in my mind.

After she told her story, I told her of the vivid meteor vision I'd had. Suddenly, we somehow figured out that these "dreams" were so vivid because they were glimpses into another reality, and there was a way to get there, through random portals that would appear in our world (probably this part of the dream came about because I'd been watching the SyFy Network's original, Alice movie, retelling Alice in Wonderland stories with a sci-fi twist, before bed).

The next thing I know, I was walking down a city street. The city looked like a big, major metropolis, though the streets in the area I was in were fairly sparsely populated. Suddenly I became aware that one of the portals to this other world had opened up. It looked like a spot of clear, rippling water in the middle of the air.

My friend Melissa was nearby, and I got her attention to tell her about the portal that I was so excited to have found. Without thinking, the two of us jumped through it. I briefly rememeber a sensation of "falling" through a blur of rushing winds.

Then the two of us were seated in a very small and very cluttered room. Stacks and stacks of books and papers were everywhere, some on shelves and others just piled up in the floor. Only now did we stop to realize that once you entered one of these portals, you might never be able to return to the "real" world. We began to discuss all the many people and things were were going to miss, but we were oddly calm.

Among all the books and papers in the room were some small photo albums. They were the little kind; the sort that holds only one picture per page, and every page was empty.

Somehow we understood that, in this alternate world, if you touched one of the pages and focused on memories, a photograph of such would appear on the page. We decided that we should start creating photographs of our loved ones back home now while they were still fresh on our minds, so at least we'd have their pictures if we never returned.

I took a page in my hands and thought hard. I was trying to start with my parents, but suddenly the page materialzed with a picture of me with my cousins Stephen and Matt. It looked to be from several years back. We were standing outside my grandmother's house and for some reason we were wearing fake beards. I actually "remembered" this fictional scene when I saw it in the dream and felt very nostalgic.

I flipped the page and tried again to create a picture with my parents. Closing my eyes, I began to recall a family portrait of us...I could feel power going through my hands into the page of the photo album. As the power generated, I suddenly became short of breath. It felt like jumping chest-deep into cold water. Opening my eyes, I could see crude shapes forming on the photo-page, but it seemed to be taking so much power...

I actually work myself up with the short-of-breath feeling.

No comments: