Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bob the Android

MORNING OF JANUARY 13, 2010

Some friends and I had plans to go to Brandon's house to watch a movie or something. Brandon had gone out to pick up a couple of pizzas for us all before we got there. I was with the other friends en route to his apartment when I got a text from him saying that he wouldn't be getting the pizza after all. It turned out to be too expensive and he couldn't justify spending the money on it. He said he was going to cook some kind of pasta instead.

We all arrived at his apartment (a fictional location in the dream) and went inside but for some reason he still wasn't there. The place looked very run-down and un-lived-in. We stepped into the kitchen and there were two or three large pizzas sitting on the counter top. They weren't in boxes or anything--just sitting exposed on the counter.

As this fictional kitchen looked very dirty, I was uncertain about eating pizza that had been sitting out like this. Nonetheless, we all took several plastic bags and began storing the pizza, in pieces, to put it away in the refrigerator. We reasoned that we needed to save all the pizza "since he didn't have enough money to afford it."

Later I remember being alone in his fictional living room at night. I think we all had stayed over and I was the only one who was still awake. I began looking at several TV on DVD sets he owned. Many of them were from premium cable channel TV shows that I never get to see since I don't have premium channels, though in the dream most of them were fictional shows.

One such show was called "Bob the Android". I decided to put the first disc of this series in and check it out. The opening credits were very surreal and a bit humorous. Bob the Android was played by a tall, slender blonde guy and was very effusive-yet-awkward around people. The theme song explained how he looked like a person but was really and android from space.

I was really enjoying what I saw of this quirky show. Then Eric came in the room and I paused it and began trying to describe it to him. As we talked he began going through a large stack of magazines. He said he was going to throw most of them away. I said I "remembered" having seen something I liked (whatever it was) in one of them, and I'd like to find it and keep it before he threw that particular one away.

No comments: