Thursday, January 21, 2010

Two Girls in a Conference Room

MORNING OF JANUARY 21, 2010

I was walking through a bookstore. I remember seeing some sort of picture-book version of one of the "Chronicles of Narnia" stories on a table of sale items. I eventually went into a back room where they were holding some sort of conference.

The front of the conference room featured a large video screen, and all of the seating in front of it consisted of pews, like a church. A woman who was hosting the event began showing and narrating a video that had something to do with the history of cartoon art and animation or something to that effect.

I was seated to the left of a girl I really liked. She was an artist and I was having so much fun talking to her. But at some point, a girl came and sat down between this other girl and I. The girl looked like one past girlfriend (a failed, but not altogether negative experiment), though she behaved exactly like a very negative girlfriend I once had. I was a bit angry that this ex had some and stopped the conversation between this artist girl and I.

Finally, I remember stopping by what was supposed to be my parents house following this lecture/conference/whatever I had attended. My mom was in the kitchen, and when I came in she said, "I guess you've heard the news." I hadn't, so I asked "What news?". She said, "Pee Wee Herman died today."

I was actually very sad to hear this! My childhood hero! But then I "remembered" he'd supposedly been in that video from the presentation at the conference earlier, and this somehow proved he couldn't be dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he will be dead some day
until then... more undead/vampire roles:)

"dream proof"- nice concept

I know that I can consume Utah
because the glowing scorpion pancake
tricycle said so