Thursday, July 22, 2010

Comics and Outdoor Game Shows

MORNING OF JULY 22, 2010

I was in a comic book store, though it was quite a bit larger than your average such store. In real life I have not kept up with regular, monthly comics in a few years, though I used to avidly do so. In my dream, I discovered the owner of this comic shop had still been putting aside all the comic titles I had requested each and every month. I had a box stacked high with comics!

Obviously there was no way I could afford to buy these, but I felt so guilty that I wanted to at least buy a few, even though I don't regularly collect anymore. So I picked out a handful that seemed to be of the most interest to me and got them.

Leaving the store, I next remember being in a random, open field. My friend Richard was there, and he was hosting a game show! There was a semi-circle of maybe eight or ten podiums, not unlike those the Jeopardy contestants stand behind. Each podium was populated by a different person, most of whom I did not recognize, though Richard's wife, Jessica, was among them.

There was no audience for this game show, as it was simply being done for fun (I didn't question why, then, Richard was needed to "host" it). Richard urged me to join in, but for some reason I just wasn't in the mood to play a game and couldn't be swayed.

No comments: