Monday, July 5, 2010

That Young Actress

MORNING OF JULY 5, 2010

There was a new movie based on a graphic novel I had read. I can't remember much about the plot, but I vaguely recall watching the movie with my dad in a theater and being disappointed that it didn't capture the spirit of the book at all.

A fictional young adult actress starred in the movie. She was really cute--slender and pale with short dark hair with pink streaks in it. In the dream, I "remembered" that she had gotten her start as a character on some show for "tweens" such as what the Disney Channel airs all the time these days.

It turns out the actress was attending our screening, because I saw her a few rows back from us. Nothing ever came of this, it was simply incidental.

My next memory is that I received a post card in the mail. It was from that actress. She had written a brief message on the back of the card that was flirtatious in nature and suggested she was sorry I hadn't approached her at the theater that night.

I wrote her back with some plans for meeting her again at the next screening of the movie. I remember going back to the theater and watching the movie (I think I'd brought one of my friends who wanted to see the movie.) I looked all over the theater for the girl, and couldn't find her.

After the movie, we went to some hold-in-the-wall type of restaurant near the theater. A lot of people were milling about on the sidewalk outside the eatery. I kept hoping to find the girl out there.

Eventually I spotted her. She was wearing some type of sundress and striped stockings and other accessories--a very unusual outfit. Her pink highlights were now blue. I kept trying to approach her now that I'd seen her again, but she was surrounded by people and I could never get her attention.

No comments: