Sunday, July 25, 2010

Disturbing "Back to the Future" Ride

MORNING OF JULY 24, 2010

My friends and I were supposedly at Universal Studios, Florida. The "Back to the Future" ride was still there (it's one of my favorite rides ever, and I still can't believe it doesn't exist anymore). In my dream, the ride was a whole different experience.

A handful of people were selected from the line to enter the ride each time. Once you entered, you followed a realistic holographic projection of Marty McFly as he gave your a tour of Hill Valley.

On my "tour", I specifically remember us walking through the empty halls of a high school. Marty was reminiscing about the time he spent attending this school.

Suddenly, Biff Tannen, also a hologram, appeared and started chasing Marty and the rest of us. We just had to run on foot, trying to escape him. Without warning, Biff, still just a projection, changed into an over-sized head which continued to float after us.

It was rather freaky being pursued by a giant, jeering, flying head. A couple of times I can even remember it bumping against my back. I was afraid it might bite.

The next thing I know, I was all by myself, running through the neighborhood my parents live in now. Even though it seemed I was no longer on the "ride", I kept looking out for that giant Biff head. I was very nervous.

Eventually I entered into a large room full of people sitting in chairs. It looked sort of like a college classroom. I recognized this to be the area where you exited the "Back to the Future" ride at the end. One of the people in the room was Lady GaGa.

No comments: