Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mostly Just Lost or Problem Solving

MORNING OF JULY 11, 2010

I was in some sort of big Wal-Mart-esque department store. I remember one aisle with a large shelf full of poster-sized frames. Someone asked me to make room on that shelf for some other items that had arrived, but to keep the frames on display, as well. So the dream was simply me trying to figure out how to make room for both. I finally found a shelf at the end of the aisle where I had room to carefully slide in the poster frames. Problem solved.

Then I remember it was time for my lunch break at work and for some reason my dad had come to pick me up and take me to lunch somewhere on this particular day. We drove for quite a while, going somewhere out of town. Every time I asked where we were going, he told me it was a surprise.

Finally, we got to some new pizza place in a city several miles from where I work. I thought it was a nice thought, but after the drive my lunch break was already almost over, and we hadn't even gone into the restaurant yet. My dad just assured me he'd explain it to my boss and all would be well.

I have vague memories of being inside the pizza place at least for a moment, but next real memory is being back in the car with dad. Now we were driving through heavily wooded areas. I think we were lost. We ended up stopping at some place in the woods that had a circle of winding dirt trails, and I assumed it was a place where they must have dirt bike races or something of the like (where this got into my subconscious for tonight I'll never know).

There was one other dream that my late grandfather and I were watching VHS tapes of old cartoons I'd found. (Not based on any real-life memory, but just a very random dream sequence.)

No comments: