Thursday, July 8, 2010

Glasses, Russian Remakes, & Donations

MORNING OF JULY 8, 2010

I was in a thrift store of some sort looking at a shelf displaying drinking glasses. Most of them were of the sort of licensed character glasses that fast food restaurants often offered in conjunction with kid friendly movies back in the 70's and 80's.

Some of the glasses were the actual "Camp Snoopy" Peanuts glasses that McDonald's really offered at one time, several of which I still own in my Peanuts collection. The ones in the dream featured the same artwork, but different phrases being said by the characters.

There was a mug on this shelf featuring a very amateurishly painted Christmas scene. Closer inspection revealed that it was not just printed on the glass, but had literally been painted there by hand. A signature on the art revealed it had been done by a passing acquaintance/friend from high school (who was never known to be an artist), who I now know only as an acquaintance on Twitter. I decided to buy this mug so I could show it to him on Twitter.

Somehow I was suddenly watching a small, analog TV set inside this store, and it was showing what looked a lot like a scene from the first Back to the Future movie. The scene was the one in which Doc and Marty are testing the DeLorean in the mall parking lot, only closer inspection revealed it was different actors, a cheap set, and the whole thing was in Russian!

Someone explained to me that they were producing a Russian remake of Back to the Future, and this was early preview footage.

Somehow from here we reach a point where I am in contact with an African American woman on the Internet. She's made it clear that she wants to be artificially inseminated with my child. I have no idea how or why she chose me. I also have no idea why I agreed to do it!

I scheduled a time to meet the girl to further discuss things. I drove to a parking lot and saw her getting out of her car. There were two young kids in the back of it! I wondered why she was so desperate to be artificially inseminated if she had two kids already!

There was some other dream, or part of this dream, in which Kate Winslet made another cameo dream appearance (this one being unfortunately G-rated). I can't remember everything, but we were sitting at the foot of a bed, talking, waiting for some person to come into the room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate Winslet on a bed- is probably considered at least PG.

Unless she was animated?

Excellent.
The Russian Version of Back to The Future- Starring Mikhail J.лисица
(that's Fox in Russian)

You do know about the Mexican Dracula movie, don't you? It was made, at the same time, and with the same universal sets as the Lugosi Dracula Picture.

for real.

Andrew said...

I suppose, psychologically, that might at least earn a PG rating, it's true!

I did not know about the Mexican Dracula movie.

And in response to one of your recent dream replies that my blogger somehow intercepted as spam and I only recently found--cool that you've been watching X-Files lately. It's been a while since I've gone through my DVDs, but I do love that show.