Monday, July 19, 2010

Orange Creature and Gorilla-Men

MORNING OF JULY 19 2010

It was night and I was in the mostly-empty parking lot of what looked like a cross between a church and a hotel. Two toddler boys were riding their tricycle and Big Wheel around in the street. I, along with other onlookers, were concerned for their safety in the traffic.

The Reverend Al Sharpton was leading a group in the parking lot who protested that the little boys had every right to ride in the streets if they wanted to. At some point I got on a bike of some kind and followed them down the street. They led me down a hill and into another parking lot.

From here we entered a building, and the scene changes. Now this building is like the home of a young family, a mom, dad, and one of the little boys that had been riding in the street. Upon entering the house with them, we discovered that the place had been ransacked.

Naturally the family was very shaken and upset. They immediately began searching the damage as though looking for something specific, though I can't recall what. I was helping them look, and in so doing I walked into an adjacent room.

I couldn't find the lights for the room, and it was pitch dark. I tried to fumble around as best I could with the light coming in from the door I'd left open behind me.

Suddenly I stepped on something that felt very squishy and organic. It let out a horrible, inhuman moaning sound. Sort of like a cross between a calf and a cat. I looked down, and in the limited available light I saw a deformed creature, about the size of a large-ish dog. It's limbs were at awkward angles and it was covered in patches of orange hair. It had a generally slimy and puss-covered appearance.

For some reason the combination of the inhuman sound and the freakish visage disturbed me to the point of waking.


A second dream felt like watching a movie, though I was actively taking part in it. I was in a fancy, ornate theater (the old-fashioned performance kind, not the modern-day movie cinema or concert hall). The place was overrun with gorilla-like creatures. I suppose they were similar in appearance to the Planet of the Apes characters, though they were a little more "gorilla" and a little less "human".

These ape-like creatures were very good, but were being attacked by humans in the theater, trying to round them up. I was a part of the random theater patrons who sympathized with the gorilla-men.

I vaguely remember a struggle between the opposing forces. The one clear scene I remember is two of the human bad guys, a man and woman, went fleeing down a corridor. A large silverback burst through an adjoining wall and soon returned with their unconscious bodies slung over his shoulders.

About the time it seemed the gorilla-men had won, a businessman walked in through a side door and asked for everyone's attention. He led all of us regular human onlookers into a conference room where he made known that he had a special announcement for us.

At this point, film director James Cameron entered the room. He told us we'd all just experienced the next generation in movies--FULLY IMMERSIVE ACTION MOVIES! He was trying to explain to us why it was better than 3D when my alarm went off.

No comments: