Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Conan Bathroom

MORNING OF JANUARY 14, 2012

I was staying in some sort of hotel, and my first clear memory is returning to my room after an evening out. The bathroom was entirely decorated with a Conan O'Brien motif. The shower curtains, wall art, even the toilet seat all had decorations in the style of the "Conan" show. There was even a TV mounted on the wall that constantly played clips from the show, peppered with occasional, original segments obviously produced just for air in the bathrooms.

I noticed there was a dispenser of those plastic covers of the sort people place across public toilet seats before sitting. These also had Conan art, including a picture of his face. One of them had been left on the toilet by the previous occupant, but Conan's face had been carefully torn off of it. As I saw this, a clip played on the TV behind me in which Conan opined, "That person had to remove my face from that picture before they would put their ass on it. I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult!"

No comments: