Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Random Church Visit and a Watch

MORNING OF JANUARY 15, 2012

I was visiting my parents and was supposed to visit their church with them. As I was getting ready to go, they kept telling me I was going to be late. I was certain I had plenty of time, so I didn't worry about it. Somehow, I ended up actually running late after all!

Next I remember speeding down the interstate, trying to make up for lost time. Traffic was so frustrating that I parked my car on the concrete median between lanes and began walking. My phone rang and I answered it. It was Eric, telling me that I needed to move my car because I wasn't supposed to park it there.

Then I was in a church of some sort, though it wasn't my parents'. Eric was there with me, as was our friend Melissa. She gave me some sort of greeting card, and then left the room. I opened the card, which I think was a birthday card or something similar, though I can't remember it clearly.

There was another part of the dream in which I saw Melissa in one of the other rooms of the church. I think we spoke, but my next clear memory is being back in the sanctuary with Eric.

In a later dream I visited a watch shop. The old man who ran the shop showed me a new "Neil Gaiman Watch" (as in the author). I'm not sure what it had to do with Gaiman, as the face of the watch seemed to have some sort of New York city skyline on it. The maker of the watch was "May Fire", which the proprietor explained was the maker of especially fine watches.

Shortly after this, a middle-aged woman entered the room and showed me another watch. The old man introduced the woman as his daughter, "May Faire". I noticed the similarity to the "May Fire" watchmaker name, and then realized the brand name on the watch box had changed to "May Faire" as well.

No comments: