Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Costume Dilemma

MORNING OF JANUARY 3, 2012

In real life, my most recent Halloween costume was Doctor Who (the 11th Doctor). In my dream, I was supposed to attend a party somewhere in costume. For some reason I first decided to go as either Jon Stewart from The Daily Show or Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report. I seldom ever even catch these shows, so I have no idea where this came from.

I ultimately decided those would be pretty boring costumes (what, just a suit, basically?), so I decided to re-use my 11th Doctor costume from Halloween.

The rest of the dream consists of vague memories of being at the party, which seemed to be held in some sort of empty gym, like at a high school or something. For some reason I wasn't wearing my costume when I arrived, so I put it on in the bathroom once I was there. I remember talking to various people, and my friend Eric was there specifically.

Toward the end of the evening, I realized that I was wearing my glasses. Doctor Who does not wear glasses, and I had meant to wear contacts with the costume. As the night was nearly over, I decided it was pointless to make the change now.

No comments: