Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wiig, Ancient Egypt, and TMBG

MORNING OF JANUARY 24, 2012

Eric and Brandon and I were in what looked like some kind of mall. We were talking about a new TV series that starred comic actress Kristin Wiig. I could "see" the show in my head as we discussed it. The theme was sort of a comedy-adventure, very much in the style of Indiana Jones, with Wiig as the main character.

One kiosk in the mall sold calendars, and we saw a calendar based on this show. Every month had a pin-up style, sexy picture of Wiig (some of them even a bit racy). Don't get me wrong, Kristin Wiig is an attractive woman, but she was abnormally sexy in this pictures, much more so than in real life.

At another kiosk, a man was selling custom crafted watches and jewelry that were made to look like ancient Egyptian relics. He said these, too, were inspired by this new TV show, because some of the characters adventures took place in Egypt. The man showed Brandon and I one clock in particular, an especially large pocket watch with a casing that looked like a giant insect fossilized in amber. When he wound it up (I can remember how dirty his hands looked), the timepiece made a loud clacking noise and the bug seemed to come to life inside the amber. It was a little unsettling. We also found it odd that, despite being hand-crafted, these watches were only around $13-$14 each.

Finally, we all ended up going to a bar inside the mall where we knew my favorite band, They Might Be Giants, would be performing. I remember sitting down at the actual bar (not something I'm accustomed to, as I don't drink), and TMBG performed standing right behind it, where a bartender would normally stand (don't ask me how they fir the whole band back there).

No comments: