Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cons, Minatures and Old Rooms

MORNING OF JANUARY 21, 2012

I was attending a comic book/pop culture convention of some sort, probably Atlanta's Dragon*Con, which is the only one I've been to in real life. I was standing in a line to meet Matt Groening and some other people associated with The Simpsons. Instead of signing a picture or book or some other Simpsons-related paraphernalia, they signed a Styrofoam lunch tray.

I carried my Styrofoam tray, already a little cracked and damaged on one side, over to another area where I began waiting in another line. I recognized the guy in line in front of me from a local improv troupe. He and his friend were trying to come up with cool nicknames for each other, and they randomly turned around and gave one to me (I can't remember what it was). My last clear memory from the con was seeing that Pixar employee and Toy Story 3 director, Lee Unkrich, was going to be doing a Q & A later.

In another dream, I was in Wal-Mart or some similar store. Some other people were there with me, including Cailey and her parents. We were in the toy section looking at sets of collectible, miniature action figures (for lack of a better term). The sets were totally random, and I believe the point was to make kids and collectors buy as many sets as they could in attempts to collect them all. They mostly just looked like little monsters, but I remember thinking one looked like one of the pigs from "Pigs in Space" from The Muppet Show.

Next I remember being in a really old-looking, rustic bedroom. Everything in it was very dusty. I found an old box with a broken lock and looked inside, where I found some of those miniature figures from before. I was surprised that they'd been around that long, because the box obviously hadn't been disturbed in years.

I believe there was a sort of flume-style amusement park ride off to the side of this bedroom. You would see and hear "logs" full of people shoot by periodically. Then a storm woke me up.

No comments: