Saturday, January 7, 2012

Consoling the Girl in the Cabin

MORNING OF JANUARY 7, 2012

There was more story to this dream than I can now recall, but my first memory is that I had been staying at some kind "resort" out in the woods with several other people . We were all staying in facilities that had a sort of rustic cabin motif.

At the point of my first memory, we were waking up on our last morning and everyone was preparing their things to leave. I got out of bed, got ready, and went into one of the common rooms. A fictional woman I recognized from the dream, a blonde around my own age, was in the lobby looking sad. I knew that something really humiliating had happened to her earlier in the trip that had ruined things for her, and I felt sorry for her.

I went up to the girl and we spoke. She was on the verge of tears. I embraced her and said something encouraging. I don't know my exact words, but they were something to the effect of just reminded her that even though it seemed really embarrassing now, people had shot memories, would get bored with laughing about it, and would get bored and move on to other things in no time.

Whatever my exact words, they came out more eloquently than anything I'd normally be able to articulate on the fly, and the girl seemed to really take it to heart. She thanked me and we had sort of a "moment" together. There was also a matronly black lady nearby who had overheard, and she thanked me for being kind to the girl everyone else had been so cruel to.

It seems a few more things happened after this. I vaguely recall finishing up packing in my room in the cabin, etc.

No comments: